At a Glance
- Regina North West is the city's Primary Trade Region with 40% of the population (95,000+ people and growing).
- As Regina East (36%; 84,000) & Regina South (24%; 57,000) were settled first, these are the two regions with established retail nodes.
- Big-box retailers including Walmart, Canadian Tire, Lowes/Rona, Real Canadian Superstore, Safeway, Sobeys, and Home Depot have all entered Regina North West as the city's third commercial market. However, there is currently no retail-oriented community space in Regina North West.
- Capital Crossing a unique infill location ideal for mid-box retailers to enter Regina North West and establish this social community.
- Highly accessible from Regina's major Ring Road, Capital Crossing is the most convenient retail space for the 95,000+ Regina North West community, including -50,000 vehicles that already take the Argyle Street offramp towards Capital Crossing per day.
- Total trade area expenditures of this group exceeded $3.6 Billion dollars in 2016, and is projected to surpass $4.3B in 2020 - with top expenditures going towards Grocery & Specialty Foods ($719M), Gardening & Home Improvement ($570M), Auto & Motorsports ($568M), and Restaurant & Spirits ($370M).
- The Regina North West population is there, along with purchasing power, demand, and shopping tendencies, to reliably support a healthy retail bundle.
- Capital Crossing is excited to play our role in the natural progression of Regina by providing this vibrant social space for the Regina North West community for generations to come.